Felisfire Temporary Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas and Suggestions

+3
Lyrastrae
Wombat
Admin
7 posters

Go down

Ideas and Suggestions Empty Ideas and Suggestions

Post  Admin Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:02 pm

Have you read the introductory topic and want to suggest an idea? Please do so here.

For example, what cool features would you want to unlock in your lab as your score gets higher?

What kind of jobs would you want the spaceship characters to give you so you can earn site currency?

What kind of features keep you playing on a game for hours that we can integrate?

Admin
Admin

https://felisfire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ideas and Suggestions Empty Re: Ideas and Suggestions

Post  Wombat Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:01 pm

Can't think of much right now, but a big thing that keeps me coming back to games is frequent news updates. Even if it's something simple like just a hello or a peek at some upcoming event or feature, I love to see them. Celebrating holidays or just having sitewide events in general is very nice too. I'm sure I'll think of some more once I actually get to play the game and look around a bit :3

Wombat

Back to top Go down

Ideas and Suggestions Empty Markings Suggestion

Post  Lyrastrae Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:31 pm

Something I noticed going through the markings is that only a few of them affect the feathered portion of the wings.

One possibility would be to have a separate option for wing markings only, but I realize this would probably cause chaos with both coders and artists.

Another would be to have more wing specific markings. A couple of ideas that immediately come to mind would be a "Wing Tips" marking (just the tips, or edges maybe, of the feathers) or a "Gradient" marking (probably would look a little like the wing tip of the Siamese marking, only cover the entire wing instead).

On the topic of markings in general... a "Ticked" marking? Think Abyssinian or Somali cats. Or a "Frosted" marking? Think Snowflake Bengals maybe?
Lyrastrae
Lyrastrae

http://strenoche.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:33 pm

Lyrastrae wrote:
On the topic of markings in general... a "Ticked" marking? Think Abyssinian or Somali cats. Or a "Frosted" marking? Think Snowflake Bengals maybe?

Sure.

Admin
Admin

https://felisfire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Twix Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:03 pm

1. Updates
2. Plots
3. Art
4. Navigation

Updates-
As already stated by Wombat, I too love to log in to a site and see the 'new announcement/news' banner at the top of the page. I always get a little giddy to see what it's about, even if it's nothing big. When the news stops coming, I stop coming.

Plots-
I love websites that have activities you can partisipate in. Be it some type of mini in-game plot or a design contest. Get the members involved, give them something different to do every now and then. Looking back on my Neopets days, the only thing I really miss where the old plots they use to do.

Art-
If a site has drop-dead gorgeous artwork, it doesn't matter if everything else is crap. There is one site, that I won't name, that was really.. well.. lame. But the artwork was amazing, so even though the site bored me to death, I kept coming back.

Navigation-
Make it easy to navigate. Don't have broken links. And keep an updated FAQ/ToS/Guidlines page. There was a site (another I won't name) that was filled with things to do... but no explanation as to how to do it. Half the links lead to broken urls, and there was no where to go to find anything out. I was told by friends to just ask on the forums, but that's -not- how I wanted to go about figuring things out and making first impressions, ya know? Needless to say that site got dropped pretty fast. And even though I hear it's improved ten-fold, I'm still not going anywhere near it because I remember how it was.
Twix
Twix

Back to top Go down

Post  Invader Siv Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:34 pm

What cool features would you want to unlock in your lab as your score gets higher?

I think it would be really sweet if breeders unlocked mutations, maybe larger wings, a longer tail, even two tails! I think that would motivate breeders to keep on trucking, because they could really exhibit their persistence of the game if they had a six-legged, nine-tailed, two-headed cat!! I know on Wajas many people breed and breed for wajas known as 'monsters', where they try to get as many markings as possible at the highest opacity they can, while simultaneously having every mutation available at the time visible.

-Twix, I could not agree more with plots and artwork!! Razz

-Siv
Invader Siv
Invader Siv

Back to top Go down

Post  Twix Sat May 01, 2010 9:15 am

O:
omg, I want a nine tailed kitteh D8
Twix
Twix

Back to top Go down

Post  Invader Siv Sat May 01, 2010 2:27 pm

O:
omg, I want a nine tailed kitteh D8

Lol! Very Happy

***A suggestion for the forum***

When someone tries to insert an image into their post by pressing the "Host an Image" button, there is no way to exit out of the box that pops up.just did dad that In fact, smart me just did that, and now I have no idea what exactly I'm typing because half of my text box is totally blocked.

Last edited by Invader Siv on Sat May 01, 2010 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I just realized that if I click on the Host an Image button again the window closes... xD False alarm... xD)
Invader Siv
Invader Siv

Back to top Go down

Post  impurfekshun Sat May 15, 2010 4:02 pm

Twix wrote:Plots-
I love websites that have activities you can partisipate in. Be it some type of mini in-game plot or a design contest. Get the members involved, give them something different to do every now and then. Looking back on my Neopets days, the only thing I really miss where the old plots they use to do.

AAAHHH. YES. I miss the site-wide plots so much. Why are we here? Yes, we're scientists, buy why have we been chosen? Are the Felis in trouble? Were/are they extinct? If so, who/what killed them off, and are they still in the area? Who left those pesky artifacts?
So many questions! A site-wide plot could help us nosier scientists to do some digging in the world of Felis. I love you
I'd love to help making plotlines, if possible. Smile

impurfekshun

Back to top Go down

Ideas and Suggestions Empty job ideas

Post  kristie Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:01 pm

I guess I'll just post some job ideas.
Maybe something like a ship mechanic. You know be able to fix the ships. Get ship upgrades. Smile
Umm maybe something like a chef. You could be the ultimate cat food cook. (lol something like that)
An explorer. You get money for finding new lands or taking new items to a museum or a lab.

kristie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum